Ebooks purchased at ivpress.com can be opened and read using the iBooks app on your Apple iOS device. These steps should work for all iPads and iPhones as long as the device is running iOS version 5.1.1 or higher and as long as the web browser on the device is the most up to date possible.
How to Open Titles in iBooks
Before you begin, make sure you are using your desired iOS device to complete all of the following steps:
- Open the browser on your iPad or iPhone and go to ivpress.com. Click on the "My Downloads" link at the bottom of the screen and sign in to the account you used when you bought your ebook.
- A list of the ebook titles you've purchased will appear. Find the title you're looking for.
- For most IVP ebooks, several types of ebook files are available: mobi, epub, and PDF. For iOS devices, you can choose either the epub or the PDF file type to read in the iBooks app. So click on the file name that ends in either ".epub" or ".pdf."
- If you click on an epub book, a message will appear in the browser window that prompts you to "Open in iBooks." Tap that option.
- If you click on a PDF book, the PDF should open right in the browser window on your device. Tap once at the top right of the browser window just below the gray title bar and plus sign; a small pop-up menu will appear, and on it you can now tap the "Open in iBooks" option.
- The file will now be opened in iBooks and also be added to your iBooks library.
- The next time you come back you can go straight to the iBooks app, click on the "Collections" button at the top left and select "Books" (for epub files) or "PDFs" to see your bookshelf of all items.
- This method should work for epubs or PDFs you buy anywhere, as long as they don't have a DRM (digital-rights management) "lock" on the files. All ebooks sold at ivpress.com are DRM-free!
- There is a similar feature in your iPad email app. So if someone sends you a PDF, you can click on the attachment to view it in your email window. But you can also add it to your iBooks collection by clicking on the arrow at the top right of the email attachment viewing window.
We hope this information is helpful to you as you read on your iOS device. For general ebooks help, see our Ebooks Help page.