Whether you have a Kindle, iPad, or Kobo, you can read IVP ebooks on a variety of devices. Find your eReader below for more help. For general ebooks help, see our Ebooks Help page.
Read on an Apple Device
Ebooks purchased at ivpress.com can be opened and read using the Books app on your Apple iOS device. You can use the Books app on all Macs, iPads, and iPhones. To learn more, read about the Books app from Apple.
Use your desired iOS device to complete the following steps:
- Open the browser on your iPad or iPhone and go to ivpress.com. Sign into your account, then click on the "My Downloads" link at the bottom of the screen. A list of the ebook titles you've purchased will appear. Find the title you're looking for.
- For most IVP ebooks, several types of ebook files are available: mobi, epub, and PDF. For iOS devices, you can choose either the epub or the PDF file type to read in the Books app. So click on the file name that ends in either ".epub" or ".pdf."
- If you click on an epub book, a message will appear in the browser window that prompts you to "Open in Books." Tap that option.
- If you click on a PDF book, the PDF should open right in the browser window on your device. Tap once at the top right of the browser window just below the gray title bar and plus sign; a small pop-up menu will appear, and on it you can now tap the "Open in Books" option.
- The file will now be opened in Books and also be added to your Books library.
The next time you come back you can go straight to the Books app, click on the "Collections" button at the top left and select "Books" (for epub files) or "PDFs" to see your bookshelf of all items.
Read on a Kindle Device
First, you'll need to see if the ebook file is already housed in your Amazon account.
- Go to Amazon.com and log in to your account.
- Scroll over your "Account & Lists" menu in the upper navigation bar and click on "Your Content and Devices" then click on the "Your Content" tab. You will see all the items you've purchased from Amazon.com or that you have uploaded to your account from other sources.
- If you see your desired ebook, simply click the "Actions" button to the left of the item to deliver that file to your Kindle device or app.
Send an Ebook to Your Kindle
If the ebook you purchased at ivpress.com does not appear in "Your Content," you'll need to send it to your Kindle device or app. You can either open it directly from your eReader, or you can use your Send-to-Kindle email address to email the file from any computer to your device. To learn more, read Amazon's description of the Send-to-Kindle program or see their help page.
- Open directly from your Kindle device: Sign in to your ivpress.com account and go to "My Downloads." Click on the ebook file you want and follow the instructions to open it directly in any compatible app you have installed, including the Kindle app.
- Send from your computer: Sign in to your ivpress.com account and go to "My Downloads." Download the file to your computer, then attach it to an email addressed to your Send-to-Kindle email. Then check your email on your Kindle or mobile device and follow the instructions to open the file in the compatible app.
Note: Kindle devices and apps can generally handle mobi and PDF files.
Amazon Account Settings
Having trouble sending files to your Kindle? Make sure your Amazon account is set up to correctly receive ebook files purchased at ivpress.com (you’ll only need to do this once).
- From the "Your Content and Devices" menu, click on the "Devices" tab to double check that your desired device is connected to your Amazon account. If your desired device isn't listed, you'll need to go through the steps to register the device you want to use.
- Click on the "Preferences" tab, then review your "Personal Document Settings."
- Take a look at the "Approved Personal Document E-mail List" and make sure that the email address from which you are trying to send the ebook file is in the approved sender list—or add it if it is not.
- Make sure that "Personal Document Archiving" is enabled.
- Make note of the email address shown in the "Send-to-Kindle E-Mail Settings."
Once you have configured these settings, you should be able to email any mobi or PDF file to your Kindle device or app.
READ ON A KOBO DEVICE
After purchase, download the Adobe pdf ebook file onto your computer and follow the instructions from Kobo on how to load onto the Kobo device. You will need to install Adobe Digital Editions.