Times of pain can tear your heart, wound your spirit, and leave you broken and scarred.
You long for comfort. And if you seek God, you will find comfort. In the process, you may also find that your suffering is transformed into a source of spiritual growth, wisdom and compassion.
As Jack Kuhatschek leads you through these nine LifeGuide® Bible studies on God's comfort, you will discover how to meet God in the midst of your struggles and disappointments and how to receive his strength and grace. This revised LifeGuide Bible Study features additional questions for starting group discussions and for meeting God in personal reflection, together with expanded leader's notes and a "Now or Later" section in each study.
Getting the Most Out of God's Comfort
1. When Your World Falls Apart - Job 1--2
2. The God of All Comfort - 2 Corinthians 1:3-11
3. Praying Our Pain - Psalm 6
4. Waiting for the Lord - Psalm 27
5. The Power of Weakness - 2 Corinthians 12:1-10
6. Wounds That Heal - Hebrews 12:1-13
7. The Suffering God - Mark 15:1-39
8. The Death of Death - 1 Corinthians 15
9. The Shattered Silence - Job 38; 40:1-14; 42:1-6