Don't Miss Your Kids!
It happens in a finger snap--suddenly your kids are grown and gone. So now's the time to enjoy them while they're till home.
Parenting is hard. But this book encourages us. And it helps us realize what a treasure these crazy, irritating, wonderful kids are. Carlene Baumbich helps us keep a sense of humor, see the daily crises and humiliating moments from a positive perspective, recognize our children's uniqueness, stay humble (your kids probably help you with this), and give ourselves permission to enjoy our kids.
"Children are a gift from the Lord," the psalmist said. Let's enjoy them now, this book adds, for they'll be gone before we know it.
1. A Disappearing Act: Fleeting Time
2. In the Beginning: Disillusionment
3. All We Don't Know about Parenting: Incompetence
4. Why I Can't Go Back to Work: Validation for Stay-at-Homes
5. Loosening the Straitjacket: Permission for Working Moms
6. When All Else Fails, Laugh: Humor
7. Haircut Wars: Perspective
8. The One and Only: Individuality
9. Learning to Eat Crow: Humility
10. Mommyland: Survival
11. After They're Gone: Empty Nest
12. Harvest Celebration: The Fruits of Our Labors