Decide for Yourself
The great Christian doctrines are worth thinking through for ourselves. That's why Gordon Lewis has provided this concise and complete survey of the major truths of the Christian faith.
But rather than just telling us what he has discovered in Scripture, he offers a theological workbook that helps us explore the evidence itself and to draw our own conclusions. He has organized the material around the main themes of God, Christ, the Holy Spirit, man, creation, the church and the end times.
This unique text has been used by over 100,000 students of the Bible over the last two decades in the classroom, in the home and in the church. Its enduring quality continues to make it a valuable tool for all who want to develop a systematic theology for themselves.
Part I: knowing God
1. Do all men know of God's creativepower and righteous demands?
2. How may men know God's redemptive love and saving grace?
3. In what way is the Bible inspired and authoritative?
Part II: the living God
4. What is God like?
5. Is God one? Many? Or triune?
6. Is life ultimately pointless or purposeful?
Part III: God's world
7. Does everthing come from God?
8. Does everything take place according to the will of God?
9. How effective is prayer?
Part IV: man against God
10. What is man?
11. How is finite, fallen man like God?
12. How sinful is man?
Part V: Christ for us
13. How could the changeless God become a man?
14. How shall we understand events in the earthly career of Christ?
15. How did Christ atone for man's sin?
Part VI: the Holy Spirit in us
16.How does the Holy Spirit help a person become a Christian?
17. Can a Spirit-led Christian be holy?
18. Does love alone make an act good?
Part VII: the church in the world
19. What is the Christian church?
20. Why does the church exist in the world?
21. Do Christians need the church?
Part VIII: the hope of the church
22. Will Christ return to reign on this earth?
23. When will believers meet Christ in the air?
24. What happens after death?