Coming Home to Your True Self
"God is at home. It is we who have gone out for a walk."
In Coming Home to Your True Self, Albert Haase invites you to return home--and shows you the way to get there. "Home," he writes, "is the sacrament of the present moment. It is only living right now, right here, that we discover our lives and this world awash in the grace of God."
Using the story of the prodigal son to illustrate the far country of our false self and the way back home to our true self in Christ, Haase introduces us to the spiritual disciplines that can help us find the path home to the Father.
Rich with insights from Haase's experience as a spiritual director, this is a book for the weary, the lost, the regretful and guilty--essentially, a book for us all.
No matter how long you've walked, God is still home.
Foreword by M. Robert Mulholland Jr.
1. The True Self: Home Sweet Home
2. The False Self: Leaving Home
3. Coming Back Home: Breaking Free of the Pigpen
4. Graced Guilt: How Our Sin Can Bring Us Home
5. Present to the Presence: How Prayer Makes Us Prayerful
6. Penance: Preserving Relationships
7. Discernment: Becoming a Dream Keeper
8. The Spiritual Director: A Companion on the Journey Home
9. Continuing Home: The Ongoing Work of the Spirit
Appendix A: Designing a Rule of Life
Appendix B: Finding a Spiritual Director
Appendix C: Charts and Lists