A Renewed Spirituality
Need something new?
Midlife brings changes, responsibilities, losses. Meanwhile, in your personal walk with God, things may have become ho-hum. Can God meet you if you take a new and fresh path? He surely can!
Lynne Baab writes, "At midlife one of our tasks is to discover patterns of living that will endure through the second half of our lives and give us pleasure, joy and connection with God in new ways." She introduces us to six time-tested patterns of spiritual discipline, showing how they may help us combat spiritual restlessness and ennui, helping us find fresh paths for the years ahead. Each chapter ends with thought-provoking questions for reflection, helping you to deepen your understanding of your own needs and what God is calling you to in the days ahead.
In A Renewed Spirituality, you'll read about
Midlife can be an exciting season—a time of discovery and new beginnings. Join Lynne Baab to explore new patterns of prayer and spiritual discipline to foster your continued growth!
Foreword by Rebecca Manley Pippert
1. The Losses of Midlife
2. The Discoveries of Midlife
3. Finding God in All of Life: Celtic Christian Spirituality
4. Enjoying God's Word: Worshiping the Creator
5. Resting in God: Sabbath-Keeping
6. Embracing Discipline: Benedictine Spirituality
7. Soul Nurture: Drawing Near to God with the Heart
8. Listening to God: The Contemplative Christian Tradition
9. Another Look at Midlife