Christ Our Reconciler
Gospel, Church, World
|Available Formats||You Pay||You Save|
ebook (epub, mobi and PDF)
The Third Lausanne Congress in Cape Town, South Africa, convened in 2010, was hailed as the most representative gathering of the global church in the history of Christianity. Thousands of delegates from almost 200 nations gathered to hear from God and each other, as they cast new vision for world evangelization in the third millennium. Global leaders grappled with the most significant issues facing the church today, reaffirming the urgency of reaching a globalized world through both word and deed.
Now collected in this volume are major presentations from this landmark event, addressing themes of:
- Truth: Making the case for the truth of Christ in our pluralistic and globalized world
- Reconciliation: Building the peace of Christ in our divided and broken world
- World faiths: Bearing witness to the love of Christ among people of other faiths
- Priorities: Discerning the will of God for evangelization in our century
- Integrity: Calling the church of Christ back to humility, integrity and simplicity
- Partnership: Partnering in the body of Christ towards a new global equilibrium
Contributors include: Billy Graham, John Stott, Ajith Fernando, Ruth Padilla DeBorst, John Piper, Vaughan Roberts, Calisto Odede, Ramez and Rebecca Atallah, Os Guinness, Rebecca Manley Pippert, Michael Ramsden, Antoine Rutayisire, Tim Keller, Christopher Wright, Femi Adeleye, Patrick Fung, Libby Little and Lindsay Brown.
This book also includes powerful testimonies of a North Korean student's witness, reconciliation between Palestinian and Jewish Christians, and a Nigerian archbishop's faith in the face of persecution.
Together the worldwide church declares the embodied truth of "God in Christ, reconciling the world to himself" (2 Corinthians 5:19). Discover here the inspiring global witness to Godís work in the world.