Revelation 14—15: Tale of Two Choices
As you struggle to live according to God's laws, do you ever wonder if there will really be any reward? Will there be any difference between those who love God and those who live their live in rebellion against God's love? In these chapters, John makes it clear that the choices we make now will have an impact on God's judgment on us in the future. These chapters are a tale of two choices.
Warming Up to God
When have you really tried to do what is right, only to see those who didn't play by the rules seem to come out better than you? How did you feel about the outcome?
Discovering the Word
- What differences do you notice between the 144,000 who are with the Lamb (14:1-5) and Babylon (14:8), the beast and those who worship it (14:6-11)?
- What harvest is reaped in 14:14-20?
- What connections do you find between the angels who give warnings in 14:6-11 and the beings who reap the harvest?
- Who sings the hymn to God in 15:1-4? 5. What are the righteous acts that have been revealed (15:4)?
Applying the Word
- In 14:12 John states that this passage "calls for patient endurance on the part of the saints." How does this passage encourage you to endure in your faith?
- The hymn beginning in 15:3 is called the song of Moses, which was sung by Moses after crossing the Red Sea. When have you been delivered by God from danger, spiritual or physical?
Responding in Prayer
Thank God for the assurance you have of your salvation.